Identify New vs Returning Customers
Finding this data within Putler Beta is a breeze.
- Go to Putler Beta (Marco Polo)
- Navigate to the 'Customer Dashboard'.
- Scroll down to the 'New' and 'Returning' facets on the left.
- Adjust the date range and then select the segment you want to see.
- The reports on the right will calibrate themselves to show the segment selected.
- You can look at the breakdown of the selected KPI, export the exact customers falling in this segment and analyse the data further.
Insights you can gather from new and returning customers
How many new customers did I get last month?
This is the most seeked answer for every store owner. Getting to know this exact number, let's you have a pulse of how your business is performing.
Who are the new customers?
Once you click on the facet, the reports calibrate themselves and show the data pertaining to the selected facet. You can then export this list to find out who are the new customers that have joined you recently.
How much sales did I get from the new customers?
Once you select the new customer facet and adjust the date range, Putler will show you how much sales revenue you got from these new customers.
What' my new v/s returning ratio?
As Putler gives you both new and returning customers. You can easily find the new v/s returning customer ratio for it. You can also find the new v/s returning revenue ratio in the same manner.
How to allocate budget for new v/s returning customers
Based on the new v/s returning revenue ratio, you can budget how much you want to spend on marketing for the new and returning customers. Say your revenue ratio is 1:2. The the budget can also be allocated as per the same ratio.
What do returning customers buy?
This requires you to select the returning facet. Once selected, a list of all your returning customers will be loaded. You can manually skim through each customer and make a list of products they have purchased. The most purchased product can then be given as an upsell on your store.