Two-factor authentication or 2FA adds another layer of security to your data. In addition to your email and password, you need to enter a code to login into your Putler account.
So, in case somebody tries to login with your email address and even gets lucky to hack the password, thanks to 2 factor authentication they won’t be successful to enter into your Putler account.
Steps to activate two-factor authentication for your Putler account
- Log-in to your Putler account and go to Profile > Settings >Security.
- Click on the slider to enable 2-factor authentication as shown in the above image.
- Download any Authenticator App – Google Authenticator, Authy or Due Security on your mobile.
- Once you download and install the app on your phone, use the phone to scan the QR code.
- The app will generate a 6-digit code which you need to enter in the box.
- Click on ‘Verify & Continue’.
- Next, enter two different responses in the boxes respectively as shown in the above image. This is to reset your 2 factor authentication settings in case you lose your phone or if the authenticator app crashes.
- Click on ‘Enable two-factor authentication‘.
Now log-in to Putler using two-factor authentication
- Log-out of Putler and log-in again.
- Enter your username and password.
- Next, enter the 6-digit code generated by the authenticator app and click on Verify.
- You will then be logged in to your Putler account.
Note: The code is a time-based one-time password (TOTP) which the app will keep generating for you to log-in to your Putler account each time.
Btw…you can enable or disable 2FA authentication anytime for your Putler account.
I’ll keep on updating this blog as and when required.
Try this two-factor authentication feature and let us know your comments/feedback on the same.