Ecommerce analytics tools help to monitor and grow your eCommerce business. With the help of eCommerce analytics tools, you can understand and track your customers, sales, products. You can identify growth opportunities and spot red flags and take the necessary actions.
In this article, we have handpicked 10 eCommerce analytics software that provide some of the best eCommerce reports. Take a look at their features, pros, cons and pricing.
10 Best eCommerce analytics tools
Putler is the best all-in-one eCommerce analytical tool for businesses having multiple data points. By data points I mean, multiple websites, multiple stores, multiple currencies, multiple payment gateways etc. Putler helps combine, clean, and enrich all your data and shows you consolidated reports in a single place. This means, you no longer need to open multiple apps to monitor what’s happening in your business. Putler gives you a one glance view and helps you stay in charge of your data.
With the help of Putler, you get accurate customer, sales, product analytics on your eCommerce dashboard.
Starter: $29 /mo*
All the basics to track your business and day-to-day operations
Growth: $79 /mo*
Unlock big value with ad-hoc analytics and marketing power
Scale: $249 /mo*
Peace of mind for high volume businesses
- RFM segmentation.
- Comprehensive Reports.
- Personalized growth recommendations.
- Import multiple sources of e-commerce data.
- Automatic deduplication, enrichment, currency and timezone conversion.
- 153+ key performance indicators and reports.
- Issue refunds, manage subscriptions.
- Inbound & Outbound API.
- Intuitive layout
- Ease of use
- Easy statistics for products and total orders – easy to track and follow customers – UI is really great and comfortable to work with
- It is great for managing a lot of people, schedules, and finances
- No reports on inventory management
KISSmetrics is one of the best eCommerce analytics tools that helps to monitor all information on visitor behavior. Most business owners prefer this eCommerce analytics tool because of the variety of integrations available from Magento and Shopify to Chargify and MailChimp.
- Unlimited A/B Test Reports
- No-Limit Conversion Periods
- Email Support
- Unlimited Testing/Staging Sandboxes
- Segment Data By Any Point in Time
- Multi and Cross Platform/Device Support
- Data Export
- Easy to see the exact flow that your users follow and can give insight on where you can improve.
- Extensive report data, and you can really dig down to find just about any information.
- The cost is really not affordable for a small business or startup, but if you can budget it, the data is invaluable.
- No graphical outputs– it would be nice to have graphs for those clients that are more visual.
- Bit of a learning curve.
Google Analytics is one of the most commonly used eCommerce analytical tools. It is utilized by site proprietors from all sides of the globe. Whatever you need either basic metrics or detailed reports, you can get them within this eCommerce dashboard.
The best piece of utilizing Google Analytics is that there are a lot of assets and instructional exercises that can assist you in figuring out how to utilize it.
- Audience reports: Know your users.
- Custom reports: Analytics data, made to order.
- Campaign Measurement: Traffic.
- Flow visualization: Follow every step.
- Track your Goals: Website conversions & user activity.
- The most powerful web site analytics with a lot of useful data
- Easy integration with third party platforms e.g. Facebook and Google Ads
- Helpful AI system to spot data-reporting problems, and trends.
- Very difficult to catch up with new features and updates
- Lack of end user support
- It’s a bit hard to identify the middle part of the visitors’ journey.
Metrilo is the best eCommerce analytical tool for eCommerce businesses as it provides actionable analytics and helps track customer data to boost your sales. It also helps to find the retention analysis report that helps to understand the customer lifecycle value to turn one time buyers into loyal customers.
Premium: Starts at $299/Mo*
- Catalog Management
- Channel Management
- Customer Accounts
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Program
- Order Management
- Promotions Management
- Easy to install, easy to use and great support
- Very user friendly interface.
- Nice trigger based email automation.
- The lead generation by mail has to be improved.
- Lacks order, inventory, and shipping management features.
Clicky is a “Web 2.0” analytics tool that makes it easy and fun to discover how people are using your website. Clicky has paid options but the free plan allows you to track one website up to 3,000 daily page views total.
Free: $0 FREE
Pro Plus: $14.99/mo*
Pro Platinum: $19.99/mo*
- Sessions – Digital Analytics
- Standard Event Tracking
- Real-Time Reporting
- Site Search Reporting
- Custom Reports and Dashboards
- Simplicity and user friendliness.
- Clicky has a great interface and it’s real-time analytics are excellent.
- It’s hard to justify the expense for a paid version of Clicky when you can get so many of the same features with Google.
Adobe Marketing Cloud
Adobe Marketing Cloud is again a Web 2.0″ analytics tool that makes it easy to discover how people are using your website. The guarantee of Adobe is to convey the correct customer insight into the perfect individual at the perfect time.
Pricing: Contact Adobe directly for pricing information.
- A/B Testing
- Email Marketing Management
- Engagement Analytics
- Multi-Channel Marketing
- Reporting & Statistics
- Adobe Marketing Cloud allows companies to store various types of content in one secure location.
- Large-scale performance, huge ecosystems of implementation partners and integration technology allowing for very complex needs to be met.
- Adobe Marketing Cloud can get expensive.
- It also happens that Adobe servers crash when organizing mailing via email, which is why not all of our partners receive letters.
It is the best eCommerce analytics tool for online stores that helps to understand programming and represents considerable authority in heatmaps. Crazy Egg provides you eye-tracking tools to find out what parts of your website are getting more traffic and which parts are being ignored.
Crazy Egg keeps your eCommerce dashboards simple and easy to read, so you can collect your website information without getting confused.
CUSTOM: Need more?
- Website visitor tracking
- Website visitor activity recording
- Tracking iframe and Flash objects
- Multiple domain tracking
- A/B testing
- URL-based goal setting & tracking
- Insights are easy to read and understand.
- Easy to integrate with WordPress themes Heatmaps feature is the best in its class
- Time consuming, hours and hours of recordings to watch and annotate.
- Sometimes when downloading several reports at the same time is difficult. Not all of them get downloaded
HumCommerce is a trending eCommerce analytics software that helps you to understand how website visitors interact with your online store. It is the best behavioral analytics tool that helps eCommerce store owners to know how people are interacting on your website.
- Screen Activity Recording
- Unlimited Funnels
- Visual Funnel representation
- Real Time data collection
- Heat Maps
- Simple to execute/introduce.
- Tracks internet business information inside and out.
- Decides client association over all internet business stages.
- Has a wide scope of highlights, for example, profound internet business joining, guest meeting chronicles, heatmaps, A/B testing,
- Lacks the survey feature
Hotjar is an eCommerce analytics software that combines the quality and quantity of the user data in a Single eCommerce dashboard to view the user experience of the website. It provides eCommerce store owners deep website analysis reports with the feedback tools to collect the tracking report of visitors’ activities on your website via heatmaps, and sessions recorded in video format, conversion funnel, and customer behavior.
- Multi-device support
- Sites and organization settings.
- Behavior logic & Feedback polls.
- Visitor targeting & recordings.
- Easy to see the click, move, scroll heatmaps.
- Very easy to learn with the free version before deciding to upgrade.
- Their is no easy way to track dynamic content
- Not as robust in integration to website analytics for additional slicing of the data.
Custora is the advanced customer analytics tool for the eCommerce business. Their cloud-based customer intelligence platform helps marketing leaders drive valuable revenue and customer lifetime value. This software helps to analyze how the customer will behave in the future.
Pricing: Contact Custora for pricing details
- A/B testing
- Practical tools for one-time experiments
- Segmentations, Trend analysis and integration tools
- Cohort and Persona analytics reports;
- Automated marketing features
- Customer lifetime value model
- Email marketing integration
- Lifecycle segmentation
- Great reporting and analytics dashboards
- Mostly use for large businesses
- Very expensive
Final Words: Pick the best eCommerce analytics tool for your eCommerce business!
Now that you know the best eCommerce analytics tools available in the market, make a list of what are the most important metrics you want to get measured for your eCommerce business. Once you have an idea of what will be the perfect eCommerce dashboard for your business, compare the eCommerce analytics software which provide you those features. Then pick the one which fits your budget and needs the most.
But if you are still confused and want both website analytics as well as sales analytics, Putler can be a great start point. This is because, unlike other eCommerce analytics tools it provides you everything web analytics as well as product, sales, customer analytics. Most of the tools above either provide you web or customer analytics.
Also, Putler is comparatively cheaper and provides a 14 day free trial which requires no credit card information.
It’s a complete win-win, take a free trial today!