If you are on Etsy, you must be aware that Etsy itself states that you should open separate shops for different categories of products.
Now having multiple Etsy shops or multiple accounts can be advantageous in several ways, but it becomes a headache when it comes to managing and monitoring them.
You cannot monitor all these stores from one Etsy account. Yes, you need to log in to each of your stores inorder to monitor sales, customers, and products. This not only drains your energy but also consumes your valuable time.
So is running multiple Etsy shops really necessary? Is there no easier way to manage them?
Well, here I will be answering all the critical questions on how to successfully run multiple Etsy shops. Towards the end, I will also reveal a unique tool that allows you to monitor multiple Etsy shops from a single place.
But, let’s clear the basics first.
Can you have multiple Etsy shops?
Yes, you can certainly have multiple Etsy shops! Etsy, in its policy, permits sellers to manage more than one shop. However, it’s crucial to keep in mind that you’ll need a separate account for each shop you create.
How many Etsy shops can you have?
Etsy doesn’t impose a strict limit on the number of shops you can own.
You can have as many Etsy shops as you want! The possibilities are endless, whether it’s two, five, or even ten shops.
But remember, running many shops also means you need to be organized and manage your time well.
Why do you need another Etsy store?
Having multiple Etsy stores offer a number of benefits, including:
- Using the same credit card and bank account for both Etsy shops during seller registration.
- Expanding product presence and reaching more customers.
- Focusing on specific target audiences with more precision.
- Testing different prices, titles, and sales strategies.
However, there are also some cons to consider. One such disadvantage is that you need to have different accounts for each of your shops, as we mentioned earlier. But you should also remember, it isn’t just about having a different email. It is also about the effort that you need to put in to manage and boost the sales for each of your shops. That requires skills like organization, time management, or a great set of tools.
Creating Multiple Etsy Shops: What to Consider?
Hey, before you get started with setting up multiple Etsy shops, let’s go over some important things to keep in mind.
This checklist will help.
- Avoid duplicate shops and listings.
- Mention the titles of both shops in your Etsy public profile.
- Follow Etsy’s seller policy to keep your shops transparent.
- Register for a new Etsy Store with a different email address.
- Log in to different web browsers to manage your multiple Etsy shops.
- Use the “Sell on Etsy” app to add multiple Etsy Shops.
- Mention “about another shop” in your account profile to avoid duplication.
- You can use the same credit card and bank information to manage your payments.
- You can have more than two Etsy shops if needed.
The big question: How to Manage Multiple Etsy Shops?
Sometimes, you might have awesome products that don’t fit in your existing shop. In such cases, a second shop can be a great idea. But let’s be honest; it comes with its own set of challenges –
- Multiple shop management: Running multiple stores is time-consuming. You will need to switch between them, monitor them and keep them updated at all times.
- Manual Uploads: Having multiple accounts means having to upload multiple products. You will have to list down bulk product details one by one on every account.
- Human Errors: When you are maintaining several by yourself, there can be chances of errors.
- Lack of automation: If you do everything manually it poses a danger of mismanagement and human error.
To overcome these challenges, we have some fantastic tools that will make managing multiple Etsy shops a breeze!
Best Etsy Seller Apps for Managing and Monitoring Multiple Etsy Stores
There are lots of marketing tools that are designed for the specific purpose of helping you manage, promote and monitor your multiple Etsy shops. To save your valuable time, we’ve sorted through them and compiled a list of best Etsy apps for sellers that will help your products get noticed.
Top Etsy seller app to analyze and monitor multiple Etsy shops at one place – Putler
Putler is the best eCommerce analytics app on Etsy.
It provides you with advanced reports on every vital metric, starting from sales, products, and customers to transactions, customer segments, subscriptions, and whatnot.
Not just reports, Putler also provides actionable insights, forecasts, sales heatmaps, and growth tools that help you grow your Etsy business.
All you need to do is, connect Putler to the right data sources. Once that’s done, you are good to go!
You can connect unlimited Etsy stores to Putler without breaking a sweat. And, the best part, Putler does everything automatically. It will import all your Etsy shop(s) data, merge it, cleanse it, and enrich it in no time, giving you comprehensive reports, insights, and everything you need to boost your profits.
Price: $29/Month onwards
- In-depth reports on Products, Customers, Sales, and Transactions
- Advanced eCommerce metrics and SaaS metrics
- Customer Segmentation based on RFM (recency, frequency, and monetary)
- Quick CSV exports and weekly updates over email
- Revenue, customer, and holiday season sales forecasting
- Actionable insights and sales heatmaps
- Multiple Etsy store consolidation, data cleansing, and reports
- Performance comparisons on several levels
- Monthly goal monitoring and tracking
- Slicing and dicing of data based on readymade filters
- Custom segment creation
Not just Etsy, even if you have multiple shops on WooCommerce, Shopify, eBay, or Amazon, you can add them to Putler as well. Take a look at all the services Putler integrates with.
Top Etsy seller app for managing multiple listings on Etsy – Vela
What’s great about the Vela app is that you can edit thousands of listings in just a few seconds, making it much easier to set up and take down a sale, add tags, create variation profiles, and optimize the product photos.
Price: Vela is completely free to use.
- Merge products across different shops into one central entity
- Connect and manage multiple shops through a single Vela account
- Bulk edit all product attributes including titles, prices, and tags
Top Etsy seller app for taking automatic backup from multiple Etsy shops – Backsty
The Backsty app is an important tool for every Etsy seller. It’s an automatic backup with manual restore options. That means that you can revert to a previous version of your shop if there’s a need to do so.
Price: Subscriptions for Backsty start at $3.70 per month.
- Automatic backup to a secure cloud
- Ability to restore previous version
- Safeguard against system failure or suspensions
- Human error protection – One-click site restoration
- Keep up back copies close by
- Peace of mind and flexible control
Multiple Etsy Shops: Final Word
So that’s all folks!
Managing multiple Etsy shops becomes much easier with these awesome tools by your side!
They help you see how well your shops are doing and give you smart ideas to boost your profits even more!
Remember, having more shops means you can show different things to more people. It’s like having more cool stores to share your creativity with everyone.
So, don’t worry about the challenges. You can handle it like a pro!