Putler can connect to Shopify using your API Key and Password. Here’s how you can find your Shopify API key and password from the admin.
- Log in to your Shopify admin panel and go to “Apps” menu. Click on “Manage Apps”
- At the end of your “Installed Applications” page, you will see a box that reads “Are you a developer interested in creating a private application for your shop?”. Click on the link there.
- If this is the first time you are visiting this page, click on “Generate new application” button.
- This will create a new application (e.g. “tool – 1”) and show its API information.
- Putler needs the first two pieces from API information – the API Key and API Password.
- Putler also needs your Shopify URL – but without the http part or the slashes. For example, you need to enter only “putler.myshopify.com”, and not “http://putler.myshopify.com”.
- Here’s a screenshot of setting up a Shopify account in Putler.
[dt_button size=”small” animation=”none” color=”” link=”http://support.shopify.com/customer/portal/articles/529444-where-do-i-find-my-api-key-my-developer-needs-it” target_blank=”true”]Screenshots and more details on the Shopify Support website[/dt_button]