WooCommerce is one of the , globally. It is easy to use and provides store owners with tons of options when it comes to plugins.
But, with so many options available, it can be a bit overwhelming to choose the right plugin, whether it’s for order reports, customer segmentation, or cart recovery.
To make things easier, I’ll be jotting down a list of the best WooCommerce reporting plugins available today. This way, you can find the perfect fit without any hassle.
But first, let’s understand why would you require an additional reporting plugin for WooCommerce.
Why do you need a WooCommerce reporting plugin?
A Woocommerce reporting and analytics plugin can help you track your online store’s performance, providing you with valuable insights to boost your revenue.
Here are some additional benefits of installing a WooCommerce reporting plugin on your store:
- Track your online store’s performance.
- Manage, measure, and develop your online business.
- Monitor marketing campaigns and make key decisions based on performance.
- Analyze customer’s online shopping behavior.
- Identify product trends and increase sales based on customer behavior.
Let’s explore some of the best WooCommerce reporting and analytics plugins.
WooCommerce reporting plugins [Free plugins]
Let’s start by looking at the free options available:
Native WooCommerce reports
Similar to other eCommerce platforms, WooCommerce provides in-house reporting.
However, native WooCommerce reports are basic and cover only four aspects: orders, customers, stocks, and taxes.
Unfortunately, they fall short for a growing WooCommerce store because they lack –
- Product analytics, and subscription metrics.
- Advance reporting and insights.
- Customer-based information.
- Retention rate of customers.
- Information about repeat visitors.
- Order refund tracking.
- Shopping behavior trend of users.
WooCommerce Google Analytics
WooCommerce has also integrated with Google Analytics to enhance your website’s speed and performance tracking. It provides information about traffic flow, user transitions through the site, and channel tracking.
However, this isn’t enough to upscale the website performance and revenue. It lacks some necessary metrics for overall efficiency. But don’t worry, WooCommerce has a ton of paid reporting plugins that can help you tackle all these issues associated with native WooCommerce reporting.
Top Woocommerce reporting plugins [Paid plugins]
Metorik is different from others on our list. If you aren’t in the mood for messing up with your dashboard, Metorik is the best fit.
- Quick segmentation for filtering users based on buying behavior.
- Insights into top-selling categories.
- Simple interface for easy report generation.
Metorik seamlessly integrates with several customer support platforms. It also integrates with email marketing tools like Slack, Zendesk, Google Ads, etc.
- Small: $50/month for 500 orders.
- Add-on: Engage + $25 USD / month
Huge stores with heavy traffic and sales count. Metorik generates reports in a few clicks reducing wait time.
Advantages & disadvantages:
Having an easy-to-use interface, Metorik can be used to manage orders effectively and doesn’t require much technical knowledge. Also, it is beneficial for the heavy sale stores as they don’t have to wait for reports. Since it bills you based on the number of orders, it might get costlier once you witness huge traffic.
One of the most effective and efficient WooCommerce reporting plugins, Putler renders all that you need to track on your WooCommerce store.
Putler connects all your relevant data sources and shows you a comprehensive yet compact business overview.
For instance, you can integrate Putler into your WooCommerce store along with your payment gateways and Google Analytics, and you will see the most vital bits of business information in real-time.
Yes, Putler automatically fetches, merges, cleanses, and enriches all the data from your data sources to provide you with the most vital insights and analytics that drive your business to the moon!
- In-depth reports and metrics on products, customers, orders, sales, subscriptions, transactions, and website traffic.
- Marketing features like infinite segmentation (RFM, orders, products), forecasting, goal tracking, CSV export, insights, filters, and much more.
- Operational features including refunds, tracking customer purchase history, and managing subscriptions.
- Instant sharing with your teams and management. Putler has an option of in-house sharing.
- Regular reports generated on a scheduled basis, and sends all reports directly to the admin every week.
Quick integration with 17+ platforms including PayPal, Stripe, Shopify, Google Analytics, eBay, Etsy, Braintree, Amazon, and of course, WooCommerce.
- Starter plan – $20/mo
- Growth plan – starts at $50/mo
- Decision makers
- Growth hackers
- Large organizations
Advantages & disadvantages
Without a doubt, Putler is an excellent WooCommerce reporting tool offering a range of benefits. From detailed reports on website performance to information on the customer buying behavior, it provides you with every bit of information that matters to make the right business decision. It also enables segmenting them into 11 different categories. Compared to other options, Putler is priced competitively considering all the features that it offers. So, undoubtedly it is a good investment. Also, if you have multiple WooCommerce stores, it’s the only tool that allows you to add all your WooCommerce stores in one place and track them both as separate stores/combine the stats, and view them as a single business unit. The only downfall, it has no inventory tracking.
Google Analytics Pro
This plugin is ideal for setting up Google Analytics with enhanced eCommerce functionality. It includes basic site tracking, event tracking, and more advanced tracking features.
- Provides basic site tracking and analytics, such as pageviews or customer sessions
- Includes all of the great features the free version has, like Universal Analytics and enhanced eCommerce tracking, but with more advanced event tracking
- Allows you exclude shop managers from tracking along with site admins
- Track User IDs for more accurate user counts
- Tracks basic eCommerce events like “add to cart” or “checkout started”
Google Analytics Pro integrates with the WooCommerce store enabling you to track and assess the performance of your website.
- Website owners that have a limited budget
- Beginners that are trying and testing their website.
Advantages & disadvantages:
This is the best plugin to get advanced reporting for your website’s performance. But the downfall is that it only focuses on the overall website performance. Also, it comes with numerous dashboards, and if you have never used GA before, you will face a difficult time getting a grip on this tool. As a result, you will need to team it up with a tool like Putler or Metorik to get an all-encompassing view of your business performance in a single-glance dashboard.
Glew.io provides visualization and performance reports, making it suitable for growth hackers, eCommerce store managers, and marketers. It offers performance reports, lapse point metrics, and orders/reorders insights. However, its high price tag might not be suitable for startup users.
- Performance reports about your business KPIs to maximize profits.
- Lapse point metrics highlighting your existing and active customers through automated calculations.
- Insights on what’s trending within your store to target your customers in a profitable way.
- eCommerce store integrations (ex: Shopify, 3dCart, Magneto, WooCommerce)
- Google Analytics & Google AdWords
- Growth hackers
- eCommerce store managers
Advantages & disadvantages:
Glew is a hub of information and an exceptional WooCommerce analytics plugin. It helps segment customers, generate reports, and market the product right to amplify the conversion rate. However, it is not suitable for startup users or solopreneurs, given its big fat price tag.
Metrilo offers sales insights and analyzes business data in real-time. However, it doesn’t count returned, canceled, or fraudulent orders.
With Metrilo, you can rearrange the dashboard to highlight the most relevant details. The system measures individual product performance and also conducts in-depth retention and revenue analysis. Besides that, it also allows you to import all your order data and maintain a complete database of your customers.
- Email marketing
- Order management
- Channel management
- eCommerce analytics
- Promotions management
- Back-end integration to sync the order information.
- Front-end integration is loaded online and the numerous events related to the user’s behavior are sent via it.
This way, the data is tracked by both back-end and front-end integrations.
- Essential– $119/month
- Pro- $199/month
- Premium- from $299/month
- Increase revenue and help in better understanding the customer experience.
- Great way to look at where sales are coming from.
- Windows Orientate 2000
- Easily calculate the sent promotional emails and abandoning the cart emails.
- Some critical features are not available.
- The dashboard cannot be customized.
MonsterInsights allows easy integration of Google Analytics into WordPress, offering a dashboard with helpful reports. It’s suitable for bloggers, business websites, agencies, and eCommerce store owners.
It adds a “website stats dashboard” in your WordPress admin area showing your top traffic sources. It also shows the top-ranking pages, articles, and more, for a better understanding of user behavior and to grow your business.
- Universal tracking across devices including campaigns with just a few clicks (without any code).
- Your WordPress website analytics report can be seen on the right dashboard with actionable insights.
- Real-time stats inside WordPress to see who’s online, what they’re doing, and more.
Agency $399.50 (50%)*
Save $199.50 (50%)*
Save $99.50 (50%)*
- Business Websites
- Agencies (Developers)
- Store Owners(eCommerce)
- Easy installation
- Every option is completely customizable to the needs of yours.
- User-friendly interface
- The free version is only limited to basic.
- The premium version is quite expensive.
ExactMetrics is a Google Analytics plugin for WordPress that provides enhanced link tracking, real-time reports, and demographics insights.
- Set up powerful Google Analytics tracking features with just a few clicks.
- Easy analytics dashboard lets you see your Google Analytics report inside the dashboard.
- Get real-time insights regarding your website.
$399.50 (50%) savings*
$199.50 (50%) savings*
$99.50 (50%) savings*
Need More Sites?
$699.50 (50%) savings*
- Setup Google analytics on WordPress in few minutes
- eCommerce data is simplified to assist you to increase sales
- High price
- If you’re just starting, in that case, I would recommend the PLUS plan. Otherwise, you might see other pocket-friendly ones listed above.
At the time of the transfer of ownership, there was a backlash. This resulted in the new owners removing the “free option”.
Heap is a great WooCommerce reporting plugin that enables you to capture data for every click, pageview, swipe, change, and tap.
It includes advanced behavioral data that allows deep analysis of your website traffic.
For eCommerce websites, Heap offers conversion rate optimization, advanced attribution, faster reports, and much more.
- Excellent client-side events will be there in the app’s Event Feed.
- User activity streams to effectively diagnose any user’s usage.
- Key features are more discoverable in the revamped interface, making the dashboard much more intuitive.
Pricing plans: Contact Heap for pricing
- Heap has more flexibility than other tools as it allows you to create events in different ways.
- Flexible account plans make it simple to get started. It includes free and startup plans.
- A live view lets you look at the events as they come in. They are filtered by your events of choice.
- Ad blockers and extensions can interrupt the tool.
- Its UI is quite spartan-looking yet it’s generally well laid out.
It allows you to connect a WordPress site owned by you to its service. It is a cloud-based website stats counter service that offers service of basic website statistics.
- Analyze the traffic trends over time.
- Never miss any important visitor.
- Track your paid traffic and detect click fraud.
- Analyze the Google keyword data.
- Premium: $16/month
- Premium Plus: $28/month
- Easy to use & install
- Customized reporting for location & volume throughout
- Can track real-time custom activity
- Not enough to do advanced analytics like customer segmentation
- Not very accurate when traffic on the website gets high
- Interface isn’t as clear when compared to other tools
To sum up, using additional WooCommerce reporting plugins can really boost your sales and help you reach your goals.
While enhanced Google Analytics Pro is great for basic analytics and tracking, Metorik is your go-to for user insights, and Glew works wonders for eCommerce marketing.
But if you’re after an all-in-one solution for tracking and business performance analysis, Putler is your best bet.
Want to know why? Give Putler a try today!